Lady’s finger (Bhindi) – ½ kg (cut into ½ inch pieces)
Oil – 3 tbsp
Rai – ½ tsp
Jeera – ½ tsp
Kotmir – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Besan – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dhania powder – ½ tsp
Jeera powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp (can be more or less as per taste)
Hing powder – 1 large pinch
Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
1. Take a large mixing bowl and place the cut lady’s fingers in it.
2. Add all the items under ‘raw mix’ and gently mix with the bhindi till each one is well coated.
3. Keep aside for about half an hour, while mixing two or three times in between.
4. Heat a non-stick kadai and add the oil to it. When the oil is hot, crackle the rai and jeera before adding the bhindi mixture.
5. Cook gently on slow to medium fire, stirring gently from time to time. Make sure that the bhindi pieces don’t break.
6. Once it’s well cooked, switch off the gas, remove to a serving dish, garnish with kotmir.
Karari Bhindi tastes super yummy with rotis and puris.
NOTE: If you prefer to have Karari Bhindi with South Indian sambar or rasam rice, avoid using garam masala powder.
This is nice recipe. we can have it next time. Thanks for Karari Bhindi.ReplyDelete
You are welcome Karpeji :)Delete