|Mixed Sprout Sabzi|
I had some mixed sprouts leftover after making Kolhapuri Misal. I used them to make a yummy and healthy gravy along with potatoes, tomatoes and onions.
Mixed Sprouts – 250 gm (You can buy them readymade or make your own)
Potato – 1 large (peeled and cut into lengths like French fries)
Onion – 1 large (peeled and chopped fine)
Tomato – 1 large (chopped fine)
Jeera – ½ tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Kotmir – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Dhania powder – ½ tsp
Jeera powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Chilli powder – 1 pinch
Garam Masala powder – ¼ tsp
Green chillies – 2
Ginger – 1” piece
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
1. Pressure-cook the mixed sprouts and potato with half a cup of water, some salt and turmeric powder for three whistles.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and allow the jeera to crackle in it before adding the chopped onions.
3. Cook till golden brown before adding the dry masala powders.
4. Mix well before adding the chopped tomatoes. Cook on a slow fire for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes turn soft. Add salt.
5. Add the cooked sprouts and potato mix to the saucepan (along with the water, if any) and allow the mixture to cook together for about 5 minutes. Check for salt and add if required.
6. Garnish with kotmir and serve hot with rotis, pooris or rice.
Mixed Sprouts Sabzi is healthy as well as delicious!