I just tried out this recipe – my own – and it tasted quite yummy! Do try it out.
Sabudhana – 2 cups (soaked in water for about 45 minutes and drained)
Onions – 2 large ones (chopped)
Garlic – 4 pods (chopped)
White Til – 2 tbsp
Red Chillies – 6
Groundnuts – ¾ cup
Rai – ½ tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
Curry leaves – a few
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Roast the til till it crackles and put it on a plate to cool.
2. Add half a spoon of oil to a saucepan and fry the chopped garlic in it. Add the chillies when garlic is golden brown in colour. Stir for a few seconds and add this to the cooling til on plate.
3. Shallow fry groundnuts till crisp in one spoon of oil and add it to the plate.
4. Grind all the above mentioned ingredients into a coarse powder in the mixer.
5. Add the rest of the oil to the pan, crackle the rai in it before adding urad dal.
6. When the dal turns pale brown, add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
7. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves, mix and then add the soaked sabudhana.
8. Add salt and cook stirring often on a slow fire.
9. The sabudhana turns glassy when cooked. Add the powdered masala at this point and mix well.
10. Serve hot.