Friday, December 24, 2010
Recipe: TOMATO PICKLE
Tomatoes – ½ kg (cut into pieces)
Til Oil – 4 tbsp
Roasted methi powder – ½ tsp
Mirchi powder – 1 tsp
Haldi powder – ½ tsp
Hing (asafoetida) – ½ tsp
Rai (mustard seeds) – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and crackle the mustard seeds in it.
2. Add the tomatoes, salt and cook well, stirring on and off. You can keep the pan covered and the gas on slow fire.
3. When the tomatoes are well cooked and there is no residual water, add the four powders and mix well.
4. Switch the gas off after a couple of minutes.
5. The pickle is ready for consumption.
This will not get spoiled for 2-3 days if kept outside. It may be stored in the fridge for a longer period.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
i know this recipe! learnt it from you and Jay! love it!ReplyDelete